Spiritual Healer Licensing
SomaEnergetics has been offering high quality education, training and materials utilizing the techniques developed by SomaEnergetics Founder, David Hulse, since 1999. As of today, we have had over 1000 individuals complete our courses worldwide and our Phase 1 course has been translated into Japanese, Chinese and French! As we enter another decade, we see a need to offer optional licensing and certifications to our practitioners to enable them to be of better service to their clients and to keep them in compliance with emerging laws including Codex Alimentarius. <-- We encourage you to Google the term Codex Alimentarius and Natural Therapies.
You may want to consider the following questions to see if certification or licensing applies to you:
- Do you have a Natural Therapies practice?
- Do you offer spiritual healing techniques to your clients?
- Are you certified in these techniques by a national board?
- Do you belong to an association that provides you with insurance and other support for your practice?
- Do you have questions about your rights and limits … or need information about how best to run your Natural Therapies business?
- Do you use a “disclaimer” form instead of the new “Informed Consent Form”?
- Are you aware there are words you cannot use and statements, although true, you cannot safely say to clients?
We invite you to take a look at what we offer and decide for yourself what works for your life, your clients and your goals.
Difference Between Licensing and Certification
What is a License?
A license indicates that you have completed the requirements set by a board and that you can practice your healing techniques within the “scope of practice” defined by the license. If the state licenses the technique you offer, you must get and maintain the state license. If the state does NOT license the technique you offer, then you can be licensed as a Spiritual Healer if:
1) You believe that divine healing either comes through you to your client or
you are assisting the client in activating the divine healing within them.
2) The spiritual healing technique(s) you offer are listed on www.fshlb.com
3) You are certified in your main healing technique (if certification is offered)
In some cases, a person may hold more then one license: one from the state (as a nurse for example) and another one as a Spiritual Healer for the techniques that are not within the licensed nurse “scope of practice.” As a Licensed Spiritual Healer, you can offer your healing techniques to assist your clients to activate the inherent healer within them. Click here for more on the Spiritual Healer License offered through Council of Licensed Spiritual Healers.
What is Certification?
If the state licenses or certifies the healing technique you offer, then you must get the state license. If the state does not issue a license for your healing technique, then independent boards may be formed to certify individuals in those techniques. A certification board such as the Natural Therapies Certification Board (www.ntcb.org) issues certifications based on the Department of Education blueprints and other guidelines set by their insurance company. If certification is available in a healing technique – it is advisable to get that certification. Through NTCB, SomaEnergetics offers the training necessary toward certification as a Sound Therapy Practitioner, Coach, Teacher and Master Teacher. Click here for an overview of the blueprints.
Think of it this way: Your license sits on top and under the license you practice the healing techniques in which you are certified that fit within the “scope of practice” for that license.
For more on Spiritual Healer Licensing, visit the Council of Spiritual Healers at www.clsh.net